19 Dec No Comments Arnold & Kangas Family Law Articles ,

If you are the non-custodial parent, not being able to spend time with your child on a regular basis can be painful, and it could be confusing to your child. Regular parenting time helps your child understand that he or she is still loved and cared about by you; but if the other parent is not cooperative or if you have not been given parenting time, you could be wondering what steps you need to take in order to spend more time with your child. An attorney who is experienced in Massachusetts divorce and family law can help.

The next steps depend on your particular situation. If you have not been given parenting time with your children, then you and your attorney will need to go to court to seek it, or to modify the child custody order that is currently in place. With both solutions, your family law attorney can help you.

If a judge has ordered that you are supposed to get visitation with your child but the custodial parent is not cooperating, then he or she may be in contempt of the Court’s order. If so, you will have to petition the Court to ensure that its child custody order is followed. It can be challenging to deal with a custodial parent who is not willing to budge, but it is important to follow the proper legal procedure in order to obtain your desired outcome.

As a non-custodial parent, if you want to see your kids, you should be able to do so. Whether you need help with child custody or other aspects of your marriage or divorce, we can help. Please call our office to schedule a consultation with our family law attorneys.